Since eating mostly Paleo, (the holidays were tough!) I’ve seen tons of recipes for Egg Roll in a Bowl. You can Google it and come up with endless possibilities. It’s been on my list of recipes to make for months now, and yesterday I saw Paleo Running Momma post about it on her Instagram, so I decided to just do it. YUM! This recipe is so delicious and so flexible to suit to your tastes. I made it as is, but you can really experiment with what veggies you have on hand or what you like. Also, if you are not Paleo, feel free to change the recipe. You could use any sausage that you like, or soy sauce instead of coconut aminos.
- 1 lb sugar free pork breakfast sausage
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 4 cups shredded cabbage or slaw mix
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped/shredded kale
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos divided
- 2 tbsp pure sesame oil divided
- 1 bunch scallions thinly sliced white/light green and green parts separated
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger about 1” peeled and grated
- 4 eggs or 1 per person, for frying
- Coconut oil for cooking, as needed
- Sea salt and pepper for eggs to taste
For a stir fry recipe like this, do yourself a favor and have everything ready to go before you start cooking. The French term “mise in place” means everything in its place, which means having all items prepared before cooking. You won’t regret it in this case!
In a large skillet add 1 tsp coconut oil and heat over medium high, add breakfast sausage and cook, stirring until browned, breaking up lumps, about 1-2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside, do not drain fat.