There is a little Greek place in my home town in North Carolina that has the best salad dressing. I don’t live there anymore, so I cannot have said dressing anytime I want to. I’ve probably purchased every brand of bottled dressing known to man and they just don’t taste the same. When you want something done right, you do it yourself… right?
It took me a little bit to get the ratios right, but better late than never. It seems a little vinegar-heavy, but when paired with lettuce, veggies, and feta cheese, it is perfect.
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Whisk all ingredients together and keep in the refrigerator. I think it is best to make ahead, but you do not have to at all. Whisk and go!